Sunday, December 25, 2011

Good Night Prayers

Good Night Prayers

Now I lay me down to sleep,
I pray the Lord my soul to keep.
If I should die before I wake,
I pray the Lord my soul to take.

…Guide me safely through the night
And wake me with the morning's light.

…Sweet dreams all through the night,
And wake me with the morning light.

…Guard me Jesus through the night,
And wake me up in the morning light.

May angels watch me through the night
and keep me in their blessed sight.

…Praise the Lord my soul to keep
Angels waiting in the night
to guide me thru to mornings light

…If I should live for other days,
I pray Thee, Lord, to guide my ways.

Thank you, God
for today,
You blessed my work
you blessed my play.

This night I lay me down to sleep
I give the Lord my soul to keep
If I should die before I wake
I pray the lord my soul to take
Four corners of my bed
Four angels over head
Matthew, Mark, Luke and John
Bless this bed I lay upon
I lay my head on our lady's knee
Jesus come this night and save me
Heart of Joseph I adore thee
Heart of Mary I implore thee
Heart of Jesus pure and just
In those three hearts I place my trust.

Now I lay me down to sleep,
I pray the Lord, my soul to keep.
Two angels standing near my bed,
One at foot and one at head,
To guide me safely through the night,
and wake me with the morning light.

My mommy lay me down to sleep
I pray dear Lord my soul to keep
May angels guard me through the night
And keep me safe 'til morning light
Amen. I love you Jesus.

Five little angels round my bed.
One to the foot and one to the head.
One to sing and one to pray, and one to take my sins away. Amen.

Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John,
Bless this bed that I lay on.
Before I lay me down to sleep,
I give my soul to Christ to keep.

Four corners to my bed,
Four angels 'round my head,
One to watch, one to pray,
And two to bear my soul away.

I go by sea, I go by land,
The Lord made me with his right hand,
If any danger come to me,
Sweet Jesus Christ, deliver me.

For he's the branch and I'm the flower,
Pray God send me a happy hour,
And if I die before I wake,
I pray the Lord my soul to take.

Now I lay me down to sleep
I pray the Lord my soul to keep
Guard me Jesus through the night
And wake me with the morning light.

Father in heaven hear my prayer
Keep me in thy loving care
Be my guide in all I do
And bless all those who love me too.

Matthew, Mark, Luke and John
Bless this bed I sleep upon
Four corners to my bed
Four angels surround my head
One to watch and one to pray
And two to keep all harm away.

Help us to do the things we should
To be to others kind and good
In all we do and all we say
To grow more loving every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment