Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Good Night Prayer Quotes

Good Night Prayer Quotes

O God, you have prepared for those who love you such good things as surpass our understanding: Pour into our hearts
such love towards you, that we, loving you in all things and above all things, may obtain your promises, which exceed all that we can desire; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. Amen.

Lord, the resurrection of Your Son has given us new life and renewed hope. Help us to live as new people in pursuit of the Christian ideal. Grant us wisdom to know what we must do, the will to want to do it, the courage to undertake it, the perseverance to continue to do it, and the strength to complete it.

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference

I will now teach my son Increase (and others of my children) the way of raising a lesson out of every verse in his reading of the Bible; and of turning it into a Prayer; and engage him (and them) unto a daily Course in reading the Bible in such a way

I thought that I had no time for faith nor time to pray, then I saw an armless man saying his Rosary with his feet.

Much more is accomplished by a single word of the Our Father said, now and then, from our heart
, than by the whole prayer repeated many times in haste and without attention.

But if they repent and keep up prayer and pay the poor-rate, they are your brethren in faith; and We make the communications clear for a people who know. (The Immunity 9.11)

It is for us to pray not for tasks equal to our powers, but for powers equal to our tasks, to go forward with a great desire forever beating at the door of our hearts
as we travel toward our distant goal.

God, I offer myself to Thee, to build with me and to do with me as Thou wilt. Relieve me of the bondage of self, that I may better do Thy will. Take away my difficulties, that victory over them may bear witness to those I would help of Thy power, Thy love and Thy way of life. May I do Thy will always. Amen.

Good Night Quotes Categories

No comments:

Post a Comment