Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Nice Good Night Quotes

Nice Good Night Quotes

It is better to sleep on things beforehand than lie awake about them afterward.
Baltasar Gracian

Life is something that happens when you can't get to sleep.
Fran Lebowitz

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one.
Leo J. Burke

Not being able to sleep is terrible. You have the misery of having partied all night... without the satisfaction.
Lynn Johnston

Early to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise.
Benjamin Franklin

If you can't sleep, then get up and do something instead of lying there and worrying. It's the worry that gets you, not the loss of sleep.
Dale Carnegie

I have never taken any exercise except sleeping and resting.
Mark Twain

How he sleepeth! having drunken Weary childhood's mandragore, From his pretty eyes have sunken Pleasures to make room for more-- Sleeping near the withered nosegay which he pulled the day before.
Elizabeth Barrett Browning

When I woke up this morning my girlfriend asked me, 'Did you sleep good?' I said 'No, I made a few mistakes.'
Steven Wright

[Sleep is] the golden chain that ties health and our bodies together.
Thomas Dekker

Death's brother, Sleep.
Virgil

What means this heaviness that hangs upon me? This lethargy that creeps through all my senses? Nature, oppress'd and harrass'd out with care, Sinks down to rest.
Joseph Addison

There is a time for many words, and there is also a time for sleep.
Homer

To achieve the impossible dream, try going to sleep.
Joan Klempner

What probing deep Has ever solved the mystery of sleep?
Thomas Bailey Aldrich

How happy he whose toil Has o'er his languid pow'rless limbs diffus'd A pleasing lassitude; he not in vain Invokes the gentle Deity of dreams. His pow'rs the most voluptuously dissolve In soft repose; on him the balmy dews Of Sleep with double nutriment descend.
John Armstrong

When the sheep are in the fauld, and a' the kye at hame, And all the weary world to sleep are gane.
Lady Ann Barnard

Still believe that ever round you Spirits float who watch and wait; Nor forget the twain who found you Sleeping nigh the Golden Gate.
Sir Walter Besant and J. Rice

Be not among winebibbers; among riotous eaters of flesh: For the drunkard and the glutton shall come to poverty: and drowsiness shall clothe a man with rags.
Bible

Sleep is a death, O make me try, By sleeping, what it is to die: And as gently lay my head On my grave, as now my bed.
Sir Thomas Browne

Of all the thoughts of God that are Borne inward unto souls afar, Along the Psalmist's music deep, Now tell me if that any is. For gift or grace, surpassing this-- "He giveth His beloved sleep."
Elizabeth Barrett Browning

But I, in the chilling twilight stand and wait At the portcullis, at thy castle gate, Longing to see the charmed door of dreams Turn on its noiseless hinges, delicate sleep!
Thomas Bailey Aldrich

Come to me now! O, come! benignest sleep! And fold me up, as evening doth a flower, From my vain self, and vain things which have power Upon my soul to make me smile or weep. And when thou comest, oh, like Death be deep.
Patrick Proctor Alexander

Don't stay in bed, unless you can make money in bed.
Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Sleep hath its own world, A boundary between the things misnamed Death and existence: Sleep hath its own world, And a wide realm of wild reality, And dreams in their development have breath, And tears and tortures, and the touch of joy.
Lord Byron

There is nowhere in the world where sleep is so deep as in the libraries of the House of Commons.
Henry "Chips" Channon

It is not good a sleping hound to wake.
Geoffrey Chaucer

O sleep! it is a gentle thing, Beloved from pole to pole! To Mary Queen the praise be given! She sent the gentle sleep from Heaven That slid into my soul.
Samuel Taylor Coleridge

I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, Lord, only makest me dwell in safety.
Bible

Since the Brother of Death daily haunts us with dying mementoes.
Sir Thomas Browne

Living is a disease from which sleep gives us relief eight hours a day.
Chamfort

Laugh and the world laughs with you, snore and you sleep alone.
Anthony Burgess

Good communication is as stimulating as black coffee and just as hard to sleep after.
Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake.
Victor Hugo

When I woke up this morning my girlfriend asked me, 'Did you sleep good?' I said 'No, I made a few mistakes.'
Stephen Wright

Nice guys finish last, but we get to sleep in.
Evan Davis

To achieve the impossible dream, try going to sleep.
Joan Klempner

Now I see the secret of the making of the best persons. It is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth.
Walt Whitman

Blessed is the person who is too busy to worry in the daytime and too sleepy to worry at night.
Anonymous

It is vain for you to rise up early, to sit up late, to eat the bread of sorrows: for so he giveth his beloved sleep.
Bible

Sleep... Oh! how I loathe those little slices of death....
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

I reached for sleep and drew it round me like a blanket muffling pain and thought together in the merciful dark.
Mary Stewart

Perhaps I am a bear, or some hibernating animal underneath, for the instinct to be half asleep all winter is so strong in me.
Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Visit her, gentle Sleep! with wings of healing, And may this storm be but a mountain-birth, May all the stars hang bright above her dwelling, Silent as though they watched the sleeping Earth!
Samuel Taylor Coleridge

The sleep of a labouring man is sweet, whether he eat little or much: but the abundance of the rich will not suffer him to sleep.
Bible

Care-charmer Sleep, son of the sable Night, Brother to Death, in silent darkness born; Relive my languish, and restore the light.
Samuel Daniel

If you can't sleep, then get up and do something instead of lying there and worrying. It's the worry that gets you, not the loss of sleep.
Dale Carnegie

Better to get up late and be wide awake than to get up early and be asleep all day.
Anonymous

Good Night Quotes Categories

No comments:

Post a Comment